MGB HRA Education: Informed Consent (Including eConsent)
February 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This course is for investigators and all members of the study staff. Course content is based on Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and state research regulations, and institutional research policies. Although many research teams require this comprehensive informed consent course as part of onboarding, it is also a great refresher for experienced members of the study team to ensure they are aware of the most current research regulations, institutional policies, and best practices for consenting human subjects.
Sample of Topics:
- Informed Consent Requirements
- Vulnerable Populations and Special Circumstances
- Types of Consent and Consent Processes
- Common Consent Compliance Issues
- Pamela Richtmyer – Director, MGB Human Research Affairs Compliance & Education Office
- Kathy Vernovsky – MGB Human Research Affairs Compliance & Education Office
- The “Informed Consent (Including eConsent)” training will be offered monthly through the MGB Human Research Affairs Compliance & Education Office. Future dates can be found here.
**This session will be held virtually. The link will be sent to those who register with a BWH/MGB-affiliated email address ~1 day prior to the session**