REDCap: Getting Started
March 31 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
In collaboration with the Harvard Catalyst, REDCap is a free, secure, web-based application hosted by MGB Research Computing and designed to support electronic data capture for research studies. To learn more about REDCap visit: http://rc.partners.org/edcredcap.
This course will provide a high level overview of the REDCap tool. Learn about study start up, project life cycles, data management, and how to program data fields and branching logic. There will be time devoted to user’s Q&A and design questions.
The course is geared toward investigators and staff at all levels interested in the utility and capability of REDCap for research. Participants may find it helpful to visit the MGB REDCap Online Training & Resource Center prior to attending.
- How to access REDCap and request new projects.
- Understanding the types of projects that REDCap can support.
- How to collect data, the different methods to send survey invites and to collect data directly from participants (self-reported) in clinics.
- How to program data collection instruments and utilize the program features.
- Lynn Simpson, Research Data Collection Services Manager
- Jeremy Alphonse, Research Data Collection Services Project Analyst
Research Information Science and Computing (RISC) Applications and Services